George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 25th July 2017, 16:59
GreekGirl GreekGirl est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMthx View Post
Must be the time or stations we listen to lol. I'm from the same neighbourhood /area you describe and find the three radio stations I listen to the most have had an increase in george music. A few friends have commented too. Particularly over the summer it seems to have increased. does anyone know how royalties work? Is it based on a per airplay basis?
Are we neighbours GMthx?!!! It sounds like central Toronto is represented! How fantastic to have a fellow GM fan so close!

I'm really glad to read that there has been an increase in George's music being played here. Perhaps I've spent way too much time listening to my GM playlist on Spotify in the car or I've had the CBC on at critical moments...
Old 25th July 2017, 17:37
Aggie Aggie est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMthx View Post
Must be the time or stations we listen to lol. I'm from the same neighbourhood /area you describe and find the three radio stations I listen to the most have had an increase in george music. A few friends have commented too. Particularly over the summer it seems to have increased. does anyone know how royalties work? Is it based on a per airplay basis?
In Germany radio stations spent around 10 % of their revenue on royalties. Most stations don't pay per song anymore but pay a fixed rate. So it's more a matter if the song get's played and not how often( per station), I believe.
Old 25th July 2017, 17:40
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,642 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
In Germany radio stations spent around 10 % of their revenue on royalties. Most stations don't pay per song anymore but pay a fixed rate. So it's more a matter if the song get's played and not how often( per station), I believe.
I think European stations are required to divvy up in proportion to plays, so the more plays you get the higher the proportion of the spend - I believe there is some EU case law on this.
Old 25th July 2017, 18:29
Aggie Aggie est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
I think European stations are required to divvy up in proportion to plays, so the more plays you get the higher the proportion of the spend - I believe there is some EU case law on this.
That would certainly make more sense. It's such a complex system of collecting money.